Broiled Asparagus with Sesame Sauce
Rate This Recipe
10 min. Prep Time
Broil 12 min. Cook Time
4 to 5 Servings Yield
- Preheat broiler. Line 15x10-inch jellyroll pan with foil.
- Stir together 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon garlic, 1/4 teaspoon ginger and red pepper in shallow dish. Toss asparagus in oil mixture to coat and arrange on jellyroll pan.
- Mix together soy sauce, sugar, remaining 1/4 teaspoon garlic and 1/8 teaspoon ginger in small bowl, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil.
- Broil asparagus 6 – inches from heat about 8 minutes or until lightly browned and tender, turning once.
- Place asparagus on serving platter. Stir soy sauce mixture and drizzle over asparagus. Sprinkle with sesame seed.
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons finely minced garlic, divided
- 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon grated fresh ginger, divided
- Dash ground red pepper
- 1 lb. DOLE® Asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seed